If you are planning to buy a surface laptop and wondering if it comes fanless or not then we will be discussing this in this article.
Is the Surface laptop fanless?
The surface laptop comes with 5 different variants, some of them are fanless. The flamante surface laptop was the first fanless laptop. The intel core m3-7Y30 model is a fanless surface laptop that is too old according to nowadays laptops.
These are the fanless models of the surface laptops:
1: SP4 – Core m3
- Processor: Intel Core m3-6Y30 2 x 0.9
- Storage: 128 GB
- Battery: 38 Wh Lithium-Ion,
- Weight: 1.066 kg
2: SP6 – i5
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8250U 4 x 1.6-3.4GHz
- Memory: 8GB
- Display: 12.30 inch
- Weight: 781 g
3: SP7 – i3 & i5
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-1005G1
- Weight: i3, i5: 1.70 lb (775 g), i7: 1.74 lb (790 g)
- Battery life: up to 10.5hrs
- Screen 12.3’’
4: SPX – All versions
- Processor: Microsoft SQ1, Microsoft SQ2
- Weight: 1.7 lbs (774 g)
- Screen: 13”
- Memory: 8GB, 16GB
How does a fanless laptop work?
The fanless laptop always depends on the CPU power. If the CPU is good and powerful, it will control the speed while heating and control the laptop’s performance too. Fanless laptops will work properly while simple office-based tasks and internet surfing. If you put pressure on a fanless laptop like video editing, it will heat up and slow down.
What are the advantages of a fanless laptop?
If you are using a fanless laptop for simple tasks and surfing, then the benefits are as follows:
- The fanless laptop is slim in look as compared to other laptops and the noise reduction is maximum as there’s no fan installed internally.
- The processor doesn’t need a fan, so there is no more heat to be removed. The laptop will remain cool and work properly without getting slow.
- There’s no fan installed, so there is no space for the dust to get stuck and the proper cleaning is not needed. The laptops having a cleaning fan need proper cleaning because it captures the dust from the fan ducts while using fanless laptops, you won’t face this issue.
- The processor is highly optimized, and no energy is getting wasted spinning the fan for cooling purposes, so the battery life of a fanless laptop is always better than other laptops.
Can a fanless laptop last for a long time?
A cooling fan is compromised in a fanless laptop, it does have some effects on the laptop that makes it slow sooner than other laptops. Fanless laptops are for you only if you hate the spinning sound of the cooling fan and want your laptop to be ultra-slim. The CPU doesn’t have any protection and if an issue occurs inside the plastic can be melted and there’s no way to extract that heat out of the laptop. So, a fanless laptop cannot last longer in comparison with other laptops.
The Microsoft Surface has several fanless laptop models that are extremely valuable for users in performing their tasks without any noise. From the above guidelines, you will be able to get enough information about fanless Surface laptop models which includes their working, advantages, and disadvantages of fanless laptops as well as their lifespan so that it will help you make up your mind to pick one for your needs.